The Nevada Concealed Carried Weapon Course is designed for anyone wishing to apply for a Nevada CCW permit. This curriculum is based upon thousands of hours of refinement in both the law enforcement and civilian defensive training sectors. Students will be presented with the material and repetitions to feel confident in effectively deploying and using their pistol.
This course starts at the Washoe County Shooting Facility at 8:00am and runs till 4:00pm. The course will consist of 4 hours of classroom and 4 hours of range work. Students must pass a written test and firearms qualification.
For individuals wishing to renew their NV CCW permit, you will start at 10:00 am and run till 2:00pm, with Legal Update and completing a Firearms Qualification.
Washoe County Shooting Facility
21555 Pyramid Way
Sparks, Nevada 89510
Instructional material covered
- Firearms safety
- Equipment selection
- Basic manipulation tasks
- Reloading techniques
- Malfunction clearance techniques
- Shooting fundamentals
- Basic care and maintenance
- Handgun with at 1-3 magazines
- Holster and magazine pouch (not required)
- Holster must provide sufficient retention to prevent the firearm from falling out during moderate physical activity. Blackhawk SERPA style holsters are strongly discouraged due to safety concerns.
- Eye protection
- Hearing protection (electronic hearing protection preferred)
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Pants, long sleeve shirts and hats are recommended
- Close toed shoes
- 60 rounds handgun ammunition
- Note taking material and writing utensil
- Food, Water, Sunscreen, Chair, and any other comfort items
Other Pertinent Course Information
- Please, leave all weapons in your vehicle for the classroom portion of the class.
- Please bring food and water as you will not have time to drive to town.
- The drive from downtown Reno can be as short as 30 minutes to 1 hour depending on traffic.