Intermediate Distance Rifle
** This course has been canceled due to the COVID-19 restrictions**
Course Length: 8 hours
Intermediate Distance Rifle focuses on Rifle engagements at distances from 0300+ yards. This course focuses on the use of Low Power Variable Magnification Optics (LPVO) and Magnified Red Dot optic platforms. Students will learn the theory behind longer distance engagements and necessary skill sets to succeed in this environment. Courses of fire will stress the correct application of learned skills and students will have ample opportunity to test their individual rifle setups while comparing them to other available options.
Instructional material covered
- Firearms safety
- Concepts / mindset
- Zeroing procedures
- Engagement techniques
- Distance and wind compensation
- Skill building drills
- Post engagement processes
- Rifle with at least 3 magazines (Rifle must have a sling)
- Rifle needs to be zeroed prior to the class
- Handgun with at least 3 magazines
- Holster and magazine pouches (At least one pistol pouch and one rifle pouch)
- Holster must attach to the belt and provide sufficient retention to prevent the firearm from falling out during moderate physical activity. SERPA style holsters will not be permitted.
- Electronic hearing protection
- Weather appropriate clothing
- Pants, long sleeve shirts and hats are recommended
- Close toed shoes
- 350 rounds rifle ammunition (No green tip or armor piercing ammunition)
- Students are encouraged to bring 100 rounds of Duty ammunition / match rifle ammunition as part of the 350 rounds.
- 50 rounds handgun ammunition